Here are my quick takes on Zerply, a new professional social networking site and landing page:
- It’s more beautiful than LinkedIn
- If you have a LinkedIn profile, you can import it to Zerply, so set up is MUCH quicker than developing your original LinkedIn profile
- It’s sharable. At the touch of a button you can share your public profile to Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn.
- Since it’s newish, you probably won’t find a lot of contacts on it yet, which makes it more of a landing page about your professional life than a social networking site.
- Unlike LinkedIn, you can choose from a handful of different theme backgrounds.
- It isn’t as robust as LinkedIn — no videos allowed or blog feeds. But the simplicity is part of the beauty of the web design.
- It takes 5 minutes and it’s free. Why not give it a whirl? You can check out my public profile here.