Just as you should tag your blog posts with key words to make them more searchable (er, you are doing that, aren’t you?), you should do the same for videos uploaded to YouTube. As you might have guessed, with all the videos I’ve been posting lately, I forgot to do that. But the good news is, the tagging is an easy fix. Here’s how:
- Open up your YouTube account
- Click on your account name in the upper right hand corner
- A “My Account” bar will appear. Click on “videos.”
- Now the videos you’ve uploaded will appear and you’ll see next to each thumbnail the word “edit.” Click on that.
- On the left hand side, you’ll see a box for Description and Tags. Enter key word tags in the tag section.
- Don’t neglect the description section. Make sure that’s got your keywords as well, describes the video, and includes your web address because after all, if you’re a business owner the point of your video is probably to drive traffic.
- Click “save changes.”
- Rinse and repeat if necessary.