Have you ever noticed that some people have really interesting background images on their YouTube channels? I did, but figured it would be too much trouble to do for my own. Turns out, I was wrong. Here’s how you do it:
- Choose a background image. You can choose a picture of your own, or download a background especially designed for YouTube, as I did in the image above. Just Google around for “YouTube background.”
- Open your YouTube channel (after you’ve logged in, about midway down the page you’ll see a link with your account name on it. Click it).
- Click on “Themes and Colors” then “show advanced options’
- Choose the general color scheme that you’ll want to match up with your photos. Do this first, because if you upload the picture first and then change the color scheme, your picture will disappear and you’ll have to upload it all over again. So, since my background is dark, I chose a black and grey color scheme.
- Click “Delete” background image. You’ll now see a hyperlink to upload a photo. Click it and upload your photo/background/whatever
- At this point, you may notice that your text doesn’t show up against the background. You can fiddle with the text colors in the “General” and “Color palettes” screens. You can also make your background color semi or fully transparent against your photo in the same screens.
- When you’re satisfied with the look, click “Save Changes.”