I just discovered I can put a video on my LinkedIn profile using SlideShare. This is exciting, because LinkedIn is fast becoming my social network of choice. Since my blog flows to LinkedIn, I now get more comments from LinkedIn than I do on my actual blog. (BTW, won’t you pleeeeease comment?).
So, here’s how to do it:
- Go to your LinkedIn page and get the SlideShare app if you don’t already have it.
- Go to SlideShare and follow the Upload directions to upload your video
- Go to the view page for your video
- Select “Show on Profile” and confirm
- Make sure settings (on the left) show the player instead of thumbnails and save that setting.
- Your video should now show up on the profile
- Don’t forget to Tweet it!
If you’ve done all of the above and you don’t see the SlideShare video on your profile, it could be because you haven’t selected the “display on my profile option” on the SlideShare install page. To do so, go here and make sure the following two settings are checked:
- Display on LinkedIn homepage, and
- Display on my profile